There will be a televised debate between the MT Congressional District 1 candidates at KBZK on Saturday, October 1st, (located in Bozeman MT) at 6:00 pm. This will play on your local MTN station.
Monica Tranel, Democrat; and Ryan Zinke, Republican, have been invited; John Lamb, Libertarian, was invited at first, then was told that he did not qualify.
The reasons he was given for not qualifying are:
- They aren’t aware of him polling high enough.
- He doesn’t have records of raising more than $50,000.00.
- He does not have a website.
These disqualifications are not quite accurate, however, and KBZK should reconsider.
- We have been told by others that have interviewed John Lamb that he is polling well. This fair opportunity, if included, could give him a fair shot.
- There are no records for raising money because he has chosen to do a non-monetary campaign, running in principle, not the strength that money brings.
- He does now have a website.
Excluding Lamb is both discriminatory and could equal to tampering with voting, by denying the people of Montana from hearing all sides.
CALL TO ACTION!: Call the station number below and politely request that Lamb be allowed to debate his opponents.
Multiple times candidate Ryan Zinke has not even shown up to debate his opponents.
John Lamb needs to at least be permitted to join in the debate as he has been consistent and ethical.
Check back with M1N News as the story progresses!