Malfunctioning chairlifts (purchased used) along with apathetic and doldrum employees didn’t sit well with unhappy parent Nathan McLeod whose little boy was hurled to the ground after their chairlift broke. McLeod’s 6-year-old who was in the chairlift in front of him and his 4-year-old, struck a tower and he began to sway. An investigation is under way at Montana Snowbowl Resort.
It’s every parent’s worst nightmare—their child slipping from their fingers while on a chairlift and falling to the slopes below.
This very thing happened to Nathan McLeod on Sunday, 19th March 2023, at Montana Snowbowl, just north of Missoula, MT. A chairlift malfunction caused the chair carrying him and his four-year-old son to violently hit the first tower, throwing the toddler from his seat.
“This is a parent’s worst nightmare. I’m just watching him fall and he’s looking at me. There’s nothing I can do and he’s screaming. I just have this mental image of his whole body slipping out of my arms and it’s terrible.”
– Nathan McLeod told The Missoulian
At the moment of impact, McLeod reached for his son but was too late. He slipped from his arms and fell 15 feet to the slopes below.
You can read the rest of this crazy story here. by Snowbrains